Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Roman Road

Have you ever had one of those moments that you know you are hearing the voice of God speak but your not really sure you like what your hearing?  I know, how could God speak and I not want to listen? There are times the prophets heard God speak and not want to listen, Jonah for one comes to mind. I am having one of those serious gut check moments.

God always gives you what you need but not always in a way that is easy. For most of my life the easy way has proved to be allusive. I love to communicate, and those of you who personally know me know that statement to be true.  I have always wanted to do a couple of things. First, I have always wanted to teach, as long as I can remember I have loved learning a new concept then turning around and teaching it to someone else. Second, I have always wanted to speak. I can hear the roar of laughter now coming from all of you who know that yes, I love to talk. That however is not what I am talking about; speaking to crowds is what I mean! I actually enjoying getting up in front of a crowd and speaking, weird I know.  Finally, I have always wanted to write, and that is where the gut check comes in. 

I can teach, and I can speak but writing doesn't come near as natural to me. I was always good in Engish class but then I remember that I graduated with a GED, and how absurd would it be that I would write. Yet, that is exactly what I hear God saying to me: communicate now through written words. What? Are you kidding, I write a Blog God, and isn't that enough?

So, with the tune of "I'm Diving In" by Steven Curtis Chapman playing in my head; here goes!  I am spending the Fall of this year with the Lord. I am going to try and write a devotional that will take you exegetically (from start to finish) through the book of Romans with humor (I hope) and biblical insight ( I pray). So pray for me while I am on the Roman Road with Jesus. Remind me of this moment of obedience when I faulter, and lift me up when I have no words. I will be blogging about the process and may even invite a few of you in from time to time for help. So, here I come Roman Road!!!

1 comment:

  1. Romans 8:28
    And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. (NLT)

    ReplyDelete